Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Camp Counsellor who is looking for a new role at Summer Camp. The CIT Director is a leadership role at Camp Cooper - you will also be assisting with all aspects of running Camp and responsible for overseeing the Camp Counsellors.
The CIT Director is responsible for overseeing the Counsellor-In-Training (CIT) Programme, which is a leadership development programme for 17 & 18 year olds who attend Camp Cooper for 4 weeks.
Head Counsellor Key responsibilities
- Managing/overseeing CITs
- Running training sessions for CITs
- Dealing with CIT issues - e.g. homesickness, arguments, challenging behaviour
- Scheduling CITs for electives and cabins
- Helping run large events
- Helping in the office and organising Camp logistics
- Writing and giving CIT evaluations
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Experience working as a Camp Counsellor at Camp Cooper or a traditional American summer camp
- Fluent in English
- Ability to be a positive role model for young people
- Ability to lead training sessions
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- Have or willing to obtain a first aid certificate
- Applicant must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- Applicant must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at Camp is £2700. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)