Head Counsellor Roles
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for 3 experienced Camp Counsellors who are looking for a new role at Summer Camp. The Head Counsellor roles are leadership roles at Camp Cooper - you will also be assisting with all aspects of running Camp and responsible for managing the Camp Counsellors.
The Head Counsellors will need to be fantastic role models, leaders and mentors to the counsellors. They need to be able to build strong relationships and teach counsellors key skills to ensure they are great at their roles.
Head Counsellor Key responsibilities
- Managing Camp Counsellors
- Running Staff Meetings
- Dealing with camper issues - e.g. homesickness, arguments, challenging behaviour
- Scheduling activities
- Helping run large events
- Helping in the office and organising Camp logistics
- Writing and giving staff evaluations
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of young people aged 7-17
- Experience working as a Camp Counsellor at Camp Cooper or a traditional American summer camp
- Have or willing to obtain a first aid certificate
- Fluent in English
- Ability to be a positive role model for young people
- Ability to lead training sessions
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working with young people from a range of nationalities
- Applicant must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- Applicant must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- Staff get 1 day off per week, scheduled by the Camp
- The salary for working at Camp is £2200. This includes room and board (the salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)