Our 6-day intensive staff training week is a critical part of Camp Cooper. We set the tone for the summer and learn how to create a fun and positive atmosphere, how to run creative activities and how to ensure the campers are safe.
Staff training is fully residential and by the end of the 6 day period, staff will have made firm friends with each other and will be confident in being an epic Camp Cooper Counsellor.
Sessions during staff training will include:
- An introduction to Camp Cooper
- How to be a Superhero Counselor
- How to inspire creativity
- Learning campfire & dining hall songs
- The importance of praise / positive feedback
- How to deal with challenging behaviour
- How to deal with homesickness
- Elective activity planning
- Site tour
- Teambuilding / icebreaker games
- Managing risks and safety
- Cabin activity planning
- Daily schedule